Some may say the trip of a life time! To retire from work for 2 years and travel the globe. Sounds very tough - NOT! Let us take you through our journey beginning with the Trans Mongoligan Railway from St. Petersburg to Bejing, China, South East Asia (Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, Malaysia), Australia, New Zealand, Fiji and South America, including Antarctica and the Galapagos! When will it end you may ask? Well that's when the money runs out, so lets wait and see.

23 July 2004

And we're off

Ian and I been talking about it for so long and now it's actually happening. 18 months of planning to up and leave the United Kingdom, saving as much as we could so that we wouldn't have to work along the way, and backpack around the world for as far as our savings would take us. This should be interesting as the only thing booked is our flight to get on the Trans Mongolian Railway from St. Petersburg to Bejing - and that's it. Wish us luck! Best try one last repack in my little 40 ltr pack - surely I can fit another top in. Or not! My last list of tasks (of course there has been many) have been all ticked off and now we wait for the ridiculous 6.30am Heathrow flight. What was I thinking? From Bournemouth we are leaving at 3am. All I was acutally thinking about was what time I wanted to get to St. Petersburg, instead of the practicalities of getting to the airport for an early flight out. Most of the people that will access this site are Aussie based and will be able to tick off their calenders in excitement and anticipation for Christmas, which is when Ian and I will be home (passing through really). Mum wants to know exactly when, and I told her - Christmas??? The aim is to keep my travel journal regularly updated, rather than using my e-mail address (although I will check it). And where ever possible add photos to really make you jealous of the amazing things we are going to do and see. Please join us on our journey.........................

0 Comments:

<< Home